Candid Yak

George Mason University's MFA Reading Series

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Fall Break

Okay, I know. Fall break was, like, more than a week ago. But I just wanted to take a minute to say that I'm sure I'm not the only one who's starting to sink into that feeling like there was so much I aimed to do this semester, and now the thing is half-over so before I know it, it'll be over and I haven't even done anything of what it was I set out to do.

As for the Candid Yak, and I can't speak for my other co-coordinators, I feel enthusiasm dwindling. Audience turnout has not been ideal. Even for the open mic, although we did have some spectacular readers. It was casual and fun, and we went out for a drink after. So that's another reason to come to the Yaks, it's a chance to go out afterward and hang out with fellow creative and wacky writer-types.

Anyway, with Halloween festivities this weekend, there is no yak, but get ready for November, baby! We've got some great writers on tap for these upcoming readings, that's for sure. Go see the schedule at candidyak.gmu.edu for details, bios, and photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home